Monday, March 31, 2014

It's almost wedding season!



As a kid, I always said summer was my favorite time of the year. Back then it was because school was out and there was no homework to fill my evenings. I was free to spend every day exploring my vast backyard or reading a whole book without stopping if I wanted to.Also, my birthday is in August, so that added an extra vote for summer as best season.

As I grew older, I decided that fall and spring were my favorites seasons. They are seasons of change. In the spring, everything blooms and new life emerges before our eyes. In the fall, that new life again goes dormant, leaves change color and fall from the trees. Both seasons provide mild weather, and a feeling, at least for me, that anything can happen.

While I still love those aspects about fall and spring, ask me what my favorite season is now and my answer is quite different: wedding season.

While you can have a wedding during any month of the year, people tend to plan their nuptials from about the middle of spring to the middle of fall. The likelihood of being rained out is the lowest during those months, and tons of flowers choose this time to bloom. Also, people are most likely to take time off of work and school during the summer months. But those are not the reasons why I love wedding season.

I love all the hope that's in the air, the potential for a lifetime of love. I love that people gather to celebrate a couple they believe in and support. I love that that couple has chosen to take a leap of faith and say to each other, "I want to spend the rest of my life with you, even though it won't all be cupcakes and champagne." I love listening to the toasts and hearing just how much the couple means to those closest to them. And I love, love, LOVE being the one who captures those moments.


No comments:

Post a Comment